GOLF FINALE AND FUNDRAISING NIGHT
As a ‘Finale’ to the ‘Diamond Challenge’ MS Research and Relief Fund’ therapists Angela Angus and Deborah Richardson organised a fund-raising and social evening at Longhirst Hall Golf Club that was held on Wednesday July 23rd.
All tickets for the evening were sold and a full house was entertained by top local group Cadillac 59 who performed live free of charge.
Guests enjoyed a buffet supper before a charity auction was held. All the Lots in the auction were gifts donated by local and national companies, organisations and individuals.
The were 35 Lots in all and included gifts such as champagne, wines, spirits, vouchers for complementary therapies, hairdressers, photography sessions, entrance tickets to local venues and a weekends holiday.
There was also a Secret or Mystery auction where people were bidding for gift-wrapped items without knowing what they were bidding for. They were however guaranteed to be worth twice the amount of the guide.
Sue Dowson, a friend and supporter of MS Research and Relief Fund was drafted in as auctioneer. Although this was something Sue had never done before she did a great job auctioning all 35 items and raising in excess of £1,200.
The night was a great success and MS Research and Relief Fund would like to thank:
- Glenn Angus & Ian Brodie for organising and completing the Diamond Challenge.
- All those who donated prizes for the auction,
- All those who bought tickets or attended,
- All those who took part in the auction (bidding successfully or not),
- Longhirst Hall Golf Club for the use of the room
- Capture North East for making a £50 donation from sales of their photographs
- Sue Dowson for volunteering to be the auctioneer for the evening,
- The Millennium Phab Club for the subsidised buffet,
- All those who gave up their time to make the night a success,
- Cadillac 59 for providing the entertainment.